Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaning
Let Thompson Truck Source keep you on the road with our Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) cleaning for your truck engine, conveniently available at these two locations in Alabama. We'll ensure your DPF receives high-quality cleaning so you can protect your engine and keep your truck ready to take you wherever you need to go.
Why DPF Cleaning Is Important
Finding the right DPF filter cleaning service is essential to your truck's proper operations. Your truck undergoes heavy use throughout the year, and the exhaust after-treatment device continually traps ash, soot, and other small particles. This particulate matter builds up in the filter over time, so it's vital to get the filter cleaned and serviced. Every 50,000 miles or once a year, a DPF should have ash blowing or washing out services.
Most filters collect about 200 grams (7 ounces) of ash, and some may have up to 600 grams (21 ounces) of ash by the time they come in for service. The buildup is a common issue for trucks —10% of filters brought in for servicing need extra soot, unburned fuel, and burned motor oil (also captured by the DPF) cleaned.
The overall condition of your DPF can have a sizable impact on your truck's performance. There are several reasons that DPF cleaning is essential to keeping your vehicle on the road:
- Longevity: An improperly cleaned DPF can cause multiple upstream failures in the engine and the after-treatment system, which is why the right maintenance is crucial to continued operation.
- Warranty: To keep your vehicle under warranty, you'll need to properly maintain it and ensure the DPF filter gets the right cleaning services.
- Downtime: It's essential to keep your DPF clean to minimize vehicle downtime and protect the engine.
Benefits of DPF Cleaning for Trucks
DPF cleaning can optimize your vehicle's operations and ensure you can depend on it to get you and your cargo to the next destination. Some of the ways the proper filter maintenance benefits your truck's performance include:
- Saves money: If you regularly clean your DPF, you can make it last longer and avoid needing a costly replacement, with no need to purchase a new or reman replacement filter.
- Increases efficiency of your diesel particulate filter: With a clean filter, you can protect your engine and ensure it's able to run smoothly for whatever you need.
- Increases value: Regular truck maintenance, including DPF cleaning, can increase the vehicle's resale value.
- Maximizes time between cleanings: Excellent DPF maintenance allows you to get maximum use out of your filter for more extended periods between cleanings.
- Meets EPA ash service interval requirements: Getting filter cleanings ensures your vehicle adheres to EPA regulations.
Our DPF Cleaning Process
At Thompson Tractor, we use a strategic process to ensure thorough cleaning of your filter. Our specialized tool and the patented “pulse” cleaning process work with a fully-automated computer-controlled system for effective and efficient cleaning. It utilizes pulsed air to reduce backpressure as it removes soot, ash, and other matter that may have partially or fully clogged the exhaust system of your truck.
Our process offers several features for exceptional cleaning capabilities:
- Extends the cartridge filter life.
- Cleans all Cat® and other brand DPF sizes.
- Uses the HEPA filter system for operator protection.
GIVE YOUR FILTER A SECOND LIFE
When you need DPF cleaning in Alabama and the surrounding regions, we have you covered. As an industry leader and a trusted local company, Thompson Tractor offers expertise and personalized service for each of our clients. Whatever you need for your job, let us help keep your work running smoothly.