Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaning
Let Thompson Truck Source keep you on the road with our Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) cleaning for your truck engine, conveniently available at these two locations in Alabama. We'll ensure your DPF receives high-quality cleaning so you can protect your engine and keep your truck ready to take you wherever you need to go.
Why DPF Cleaning Is Important
Finding the right DPF cleaning service is important for your fleet to function efficiently. Your truck's exhaust after-treatment system continuously collects ash, soot, and other fine particles, especially if it endures heavy usage. Over time, these particulates accumulate in the filter, requiring regular cleaning. Ideally, you need an ash removal service every 50,000 miles. Professionals complete this service through blowing or washing.
On average, filters gather around 200 grams or 7 ounces of ash, but it's not uncommon for them to hold up to 600 grams (21 ounces) by the time a truck comes in for servicing. Additionally, 10% of filters brought in for service need additional cleaning to remove soot, unburned fuel, and burnt motor oil from the DPF.
The overall condition of your DPF can have a significant impact on your truck's performance. Here are a few reasons to get your DPF cleaned:
- Longevity: Without regular cleaning, a DPF can cause upstream failures in the engine. With the right maintenance, you no longer have to worry about issues in the after-treatment system.
- Warranty: Most warranties require proper maintenance of the DPF filter.
- Downtime: Keeping your DPF clean is essential to minimize vehicle downtime and protect the engine.
Advantages of DPF Cleaning for Trucks
DPF cleaning can help optimize your fleet and ensure you can depend on your trucks to get you and your cargo to the next destination. Proper filter maintenance benefits your truck's performance in many ways, including:
- Saves money: You can save costs in the long run by cleaning your DPF filter and keeping it in good condition.
- Increases DPF efficiency: A clean filter allows for better airflow and combustion, improving engine performance and smoother operation.
- Boosts value: Regular cleaning and a good maintenance record make the truck more attractive to potential buyers.
- Maximizes time between cleanings: Excellent DPF maintenance allows you to get maximum use out of your filter for more extended periods between cleanings.
- Meets EPA ash service interval requirements: Many regions have strict regulations regarding vehicle emissions. A clean filter adheres to EPA regulations.
- Reduces emissions: A primary function of the DPF is to capture and contain harmful emissions. Keeping it clean and working efficiently reduces the truck's overall environmental footprint.
Our DPF Cleaning Process
At Thompson Truck Source, we use a strategic process to ensure thorough cleaning of your filter. Our specialized tool and the patented “pulse” cleaning process work with a fully-automated computer-controlled system for effective and efficient cleaning. It utilizes pulsed air to reduce backpressure as it removes soot, ash, and other matter that may have partially or fully clogged the exhaust system of your truck.
Our process offers several features for exceptional cleaning capabilities:
- Extends the cartridge filter life.
- Cleans all Cat® and other brand DPF sizes.
- Uses the HEPA filter system for operator protection.
Give Your Filter a Second Life
When you need DPF cleaning services in Alabama and the surrounding regions, we have you covered. As an industry leader and a trusted local company, Thompson Truck Source offers expertise and personalized service for each of our clients. Turn to us for Diesel Particulate Filter cleaning services, and we'll help keep your work running smoothly.
Schedule DPF Cleaning Today
Thompson Truck Source offers a range of services to support commercial fleets and trucks. Our expert team can perform regular services and even comprehensive engine overhauls. DPF cleaning services are conveniently available at our Birmingham and Anniston locations.
For more information, contact us today!