Truck Fluid Sampling and Analysis
If you're wondering whether your engine is delivering its best performance, you could benefit from a semi-truck oil analysis. At Thompson Truck Source, we believe it’s critical to inspect engine components regularly so you can detect areas of concern before they turn into major expenses. With our truck fluid sampling service, you’ll be able to identify potential weaknesses in the engine or fluids that could cause performance issues down the road if left unchecked.
As a leading provider of truck fluid sampling in Alabama and Florida, we work with all types of truck and heavy vehicle engines. If an issue arises with one of your vehicles that causes it to require a fluid analysis, we’ll do the testing and take care of any repair issues indicated in the results.
Why Does Your Truck Need Fluid Analysis?
An oil and coolant analysis can tell you more about a vehicle’s inner workings than you might think. Analyzing the fluids is a quick way to see how your engine is functioning. If we can understand any developing problems within the engine, we can determine optimal time for services. For example, sampling can help you find out whether fluids need to be replaced, if there’s any contamination, or if the engine has underlying issues that you must address.
This test is a simple, cost-effective way to learn about your vehicle and what it needs — sometimes before those needs even become apparent. Additionally, regular services can protect your brand by ensuring your trucks operate at peak performance to meet industry standards. Our services will improve the management of your fleet maintenance strategies so you can stay ahead and maximize profits.
Let Thompson Truck Source help keep your engine running longer and your truck on the road.
The Benefits of Regular Fluid Sampling
If your employees operate company vehicles, it’s important to make sure those vehicles align with safety and efficiency standards. Ongoing semi-truck fluid sampling from Thompson Truck Source allows you to check on engine and oil performance periodically, which helps catch minor issues before they can do major damage to your vehicle or your savings. By harnessing the benefits of investing in a regular truck fluid sampling service, you can:
- Address existing problems: If your truck has an engine issue or another problem, it's essential to have it addressed promptly. Many drivers aren't aware of minor problems if their vehicles appear to be functioning well, which can lead to significant damage occurring over time. Regular services will make these issues apparent so you can correct them early.
- Improve engine longevity: Planned maintenance will help ensure your engine is in the best shape, allowing it to provide a longer service life.
- Determine a proper maintenance schedule: Keeping a vehicle maintained will equip it to run as effectively as possible, saving time, reducing overall costs, and preventing accidents. It's often wise to book routine fluid analyses along with the other regular services that your vehicle needs to remain in the best possible condition.
- Identify and measure for any oil contamination: Contaminants can shorten the life span of some fluids and degrade the components in your lubrication system. Contamination also contributes to engine wear, presenting a larger problem for your vehicle.
- Avoid loss in performance and major repairs: Minor issues caught early are often much easier to fix, allowing you to spend less while keeping your vehicle in working condition.
Our testing services include analysis for both oil and coolant in the engine. Because vehicle engines operate at high temperatures and often under harsh conditions, checking these essential fluids is a necessity.
We can examine and diagnose any truck in your fleet by assessing pH, color, freezing and boiling points, glycol levels, and more. Whether your vehicle requires an oil change sooner than expected or a sudden performance issue is affecting your engine, we’ll find the root cause so you can return to work as usual. After we complete the sampling and inspection process, we’ll be happy to do repairs or replacements, and we'll even help you develop a more effective maintenance plan.
When to Request a Fluid Analysis
How often you need to request a fluid analysis will vary depending on your equipment type and how you use it. Even if your vehicle is running properly, it's wise to make this service part of your regular planned maintenance practices to ensure you stay ahead of any potential issues or engine damage.
An oil analysis laboratory assessment can test for many things, such as metal flakes indicating undue wear, contaminants in the fluid, and properties such as flashpoint and viscosity. Booking these services regularly can uncover trends that give you a full picture of your vehicle's health.
If your truck experiences continuous use, you may benefit from scheduling a fluid analysis every month or bimonthly. Meanwhile, a vehicle used sporadically for odd jobs may only need an analysis quarterly or after reaching a specific number of miles. If you're not sure which is the best course of action, speak with a professional about how you use the vehicle and have them help you establish a schedule.
Regardless of the analysis interval you choose, be sure to keep a maintenance record for these services so you can identify any trends.
Contact Thompson Truck Source for Truck Fluid Analysis in Alabama and Florida
Fuel testing is one of the most efficient ways to check for corrosion, contaminants and other issues that can impact engine performance and safety. Thompson Truck Source is committed to keeping trucks productive. Whether you need basic maintenance or significant changes, our team is ready to serve you. Our experienced technicians undergo extensive training and have the experience and knowledge to keep your truck on the road for as long as possible.
Thompson Truck Source has a dozen locations throughout Alabama and Florida, all staffed with professionals ready to improve your fleet. Stop by one of our facilities to find out what our oil and coolant analysis services can do for you. For more information on fluid sampling, contact us today!
For more information on fluids sampling, contact us today!